Tuesday, February 2, 2010

01-30-2010 Rose Valley Falls

We took it easy this week. Frank and I and prospective member Heidi headed up to Rose Valley to check out how the recent rains had affected the waterfalls up there. First we took a short walk up Lion Canyon. The creek was really flowing, and the water was crystal clear. But, we really wanted to see the Rose Valley Falls. The Rose Valley Campground was full of people cooking food and trying to stay warm. The trail to the Falls had quite a few family's on it as well. And the Falls themselves were impressive. The lower falls are about 90 feet high, I'd guess, and the upper falls are probably 200 feet. The water was flowing at an easy pace.

I'm not sure if there's a trail that will take you all the way to the top of the upper falls. We didn't spend to much time trying ti find one. You might be able to get there from the Nordoff Ridge 4x4 trail. If anybody knows, let me know, either by email or just leave a comment below.

I guess I posted this a little late, and it looks like it's going to end up in the February posts, oh well.

Lion Canyon


Lower Rose Valley Falls


Upper Rose Valley Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment